So I finally took the plunge and read – well, actually more like devoured - all three books in the “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy. At first I justified it as market research (yeah, *nods to self* market research, good one) I mean after all, how could I not be intrigued by a book that sold 2 million copies in three weeks. Not to mention the 8 million dollar movie deal! Everyone has been talking about it...and not just Kathy Lee and Hoda either. Even Barbara Walters has weighed in.
So now that my “research” is complete I can officially report that I am #Greysessed. What’s that you say? Never heard that term before? Well, clearly you haven’t been dropping by @50ShadesSource to check in on Twitter’s answer to a Christian Grey support group. In case you’re wondering if you suffer from the same affliction as millions of women (some call themselves #fiftyfangirls) here are five signs you may have it bad for Christian Grey:
1. You find yourself wishing Charlie Tango was a new ride at Disney World. “Honey, you take the kids to the Jungle Cruise, I’m heading over to Fantasyland.”
2. While at the mall, you impulsively by a new silver-grey tie for your man.
3. The word “playroom” no longer conjures up images of Barbies and Legos.
4. You giggle every time someone asks how “submission” is going, even though you know they’re referring to the manuscript your agent is sending to editors. (Never mind, that might just be me.)
5. The highlight of your day was opening an email that said, “ @ChristianTGrey is now following you on Twitter.”
If you’re nodding your head in agreement to one (or all) of these, then I have some good news for you. In an upcoming interview with 20/20, author EL James reveals she may consider another book told from Christian’s point of view. (Yes, please!)
Until then, might I interest you in the ultimate vicarious adventure? Inspired by a true story, “Hollywood Ending” is the tale of a young coed who sends an impulsive letter to Hollywood’s hottest, most notorious bad boy. Maybe it’s crazy, maybe it’s far-fetched, or maybe it’s the perfect way to mend her broken heart. (Read more by clicking here.)