Thursday, April 19, 2012

Five Signs You Might Have it Bad for Christian Grey


So I finally took the plunge and read – well, actually more like devoured - all three books in the “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy. At first I justified it as market research (yeah, *nods to self* market research, good one) I mean after all, how could I not be intrigued by a book that sold 2 million copies in three weeks. Not to mention the 8 million dollar movie deal! Everyone has been talking about it...and not just Kathy Lee and Hoda either. Even Barbara Walters has weighed in.
So now that my “research” is complete I can officially report that I am #Greysessed. What’s that you say? Never heard that term before? Well, clearly you haven’t been dropping by @50ShadesSource to check in on Twitter’s answer to a Christian Grey support group. In case you’re wondering if you suffer from the same affliction as millions of women (some call themselves #fiftyfangirls) here are five signs you may have it bad for Christian Grey:
1.         You find yourself wishing Charlie Tango was a new ride at Disney World. “Honey, you take the kids to the Jungle Cruise, I’m heading over to Fantasyland.”     
2.         While at the mall, you impulsively by a new silver-grey tie for your man.
3.         The word “playroom” no longer conjures up images of Barbies and Legos.
4.         You giggle every time someone asks how “submission” is going, even though you know    they’re referring to the manuscript your agent is sending to editors. (Never mind, that might just be me.)      
5.         The highlight of your day was opening an email that said, “ @ChristianTGrey is now         following you on Twitter.”
If you’re nodding your head in agreement to one (or all) of these, then I have some good news for you. In an upcoming interview with 20/20, author EL James reveals she may consider another book told from Christian’s point of view. (Yes, please!)
Until then, might I interest you in the ultimate vicarious adventure? Inspired by a true story, “Hollywood Ending” is the tale of a young coed who sends an impulsive letter to Hollywood’s hottest, most notorious bad boy. Maybe it’s crazy, maybe it’s far-fetched, or maybe it’s the perfect way to mend her broken heart. (Read more by clicking here.)

Like What You See? Stay tuned. After all, @ChristianTGrey, @AnaRSteele, and @50ShadesSource are following my blog, shouldn't you? :) Click "Join this Site" and then sign in with google or twitter

40 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Well done, lady! Can't wait to click on your link but must finish typing compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talked me into it....so dominating

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL girl, you know it!!! I am loving Christian Grey, and I normally am SO not into this stuff! =) Very funny post! And I'm sure we'll be tweet-happy when the Christian Grey perspective comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Do you have a strong urge to bite your lip and roll your eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! And i constantly bite my lip too. And when I see a SAAB or AUDI or elevators i think of Christian. And the tweets from him..oh my :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget there's also @The_Mr_Grey ... he's my favorite Christian! ;) Otherwise, I agree with the list!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, two Christians? Not sure I could handle double the trouble!

      Delete
    2. Exactly!! #5 was today and I almost wet my pants... oh so silly and Wrong at the same time!

      Delete
  7. It's not just you. I giggle every time I see the word "submission" on agent websites now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And again...woo! Maybe I will have to read 50 shades after all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, I have not read any of the Grey books (don't throw tomatoes at me!!) and I don't know if I ever will (just not the kind of book I'd normally read, that's all). But I've definitely seen the hype and even saw the author interview on one of those morning shows. The author seems stunned by all the attention (and her good fortune. Sigh. What would I give to be in her position right now...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry no food thrown on this blog :)

      Not normally the type of book I would read either, but the fact that it was selling at a rate of 1 book per second intrigued me!

      Delete
  10. you know it's bad when you actually hope the guy reads, answers your tweets. ha.
    melissa (lavender girl) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. submission. ha. had to laugh at that one. sorry - very busy. retweeting. and waiting for personal tweets from the man himself. about submission. or domination. or both. hahahahahahahahah. lavender ( @xolavendergirl ) yeah, we don't do that much in YA...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book has me staring at other people with their Kindles thinking, "I bet they are reading 50 Shades and thinking no one knows....."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the three books are currently number one, two, and three on the ebook bestseller list, you're probably right!

      Delete
  13. I literally LOL'd when I saw this post. I can honestly say that I wanted to hate this series, but ended up loving it almost as much as you do. Every day I relate something to 50 Shades. Just can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You funny thing, you. Every time I see the word 'submission' I'll picture you giggling.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I got it bad for Christian Grey. Most definitely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post!! LOL...submission!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I know what Elise Capron was reading and commenting about!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure I need to read the book...just reading ABOUT the book is enough, and, from what I understand, most of the blog posts & tweets are better written anyway.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my lord...a book told in Fifty's POV? I think I just died and gone to Greysessed heaven. I can hear the angels singing now. And I definitely now know the double trouble of following more than one Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah yes, the playroom! Great post.
    Jenna Grinstead
    Twitter: storiestobe
    jennagrinstead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! And based on this list I am a lost cause.
    Particularly liked #5 - I remember how my heart pounded when I received THAT email :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, getting an email from Christian Grey does tend to put a smile on your face. :)

      Delete
  22. I haven't got around to reading this yet, but it is on my (very long!) list to read..from the comments I have read it sounds wild! May move it forward! So glad I found this blog..
    @JaneWriting1

    ReplyDelete
  23. AnneMarie I'm beyond Greysessed!!! I cannot wait for book 4!!! Love your blog btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You who weren't "ready" to read the books,.....Read. Them. Now. Read them before bed so you have good juicy dreams. Should be mandatory reading for every man planning to get married. Every man in general...will give equal footing and teach you. Girls don't we deserve the best?!! Will be following you Ann Marie...great news.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it :) Great meeting you last night.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've heard the good, the bad, and the ugly about this book. I guess I"m just going to have to read it myself (pouts) -- as if my TBR pile wasn't staggering to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay, just followed you on Twitter, retweeted, followed your blog, and am commenting on this post. I'd like to be entered into the critique contest.

    I had not heard of this book until someone made a comment about it on one of my blog posts. Since then, I've seen it everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOOOOOOO so much fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Donna Sebastian @midnightjazMay 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

    Sooooo funny....love the blog! Is this where I confess I have some of the above afflictions??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. i seem to roll my eyes on everything nowadays !!!! *blushing*

    ReplyDelete